Web marketing helps you create a relationship. And one of the best ways to build relationships is through blogging. Blogs are web-based log of entries about a particular subject or topic. Though blogs mainly include text, it can also include videos, pictures and audio.
Blogging is important for businesses today
- To build trust among your audience by bridging the gap between you and your prospects
- To engage with prospects online through feedback, comments and questions
- To get better search engine rankings on the web through quality content
Blogging helps in boosting a company’s credibility, visibility and salability. However, blogging as a marketing tool needs to be done correctly. Here are some best practices to successful blog writing.
- Undertake intense research to understand what your audience wants to read
- Zero in on a content theme to base your blog on for instance you can write on current market trends, marketing strategies and so on.
- Write interesting, authentic and valuable content. But keep it short.
- Your blog content should be unique and high in quality. This is not only important to keep your readers engaged but also from search engine optimization point of view.
- Add keywords in your blog posts. Use keywords you think you need to push for your business to be found on the web.
- The title of your blog is very important. So give an appealing title to all your blog posts
- Integrate your blog in your website and keep updating it
- Design and personalize your blog to give it a professional look
- Update your blog every day with fresh content. Avoid repetitive content.
- Announce your blog launch through a press release
- Invite other bloggers to guest write a blog
- Include pictures, videos and audio wherever possible to build readership and to make your blog more attractive.
- Include links to your website or other relevant sites to increase credibility
- Encourage people to leave a comment or share your post and respond to those comments quickly.
- Share your blog posts on other social networking sites that your active on
- Add your Facebook, Twitter and other social profile links on your blog, to make it easy for your readers to share your content
- Add tags to your blog posts
The most important thing is to understand that the way you deliver your message is as important as the message itself. So why wait? Pick up a topic and start blogging your way to marketing success.
Source by Vardharaj P Kawde